Shaded-relief topographic maps of California’s Marine Sanctuaries
Your guide to California’s National Marine Sanctuaries
In partnership with the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation and NOAA’s National Marine Sanctuaries, International Mapping developed the National Marine Sanctuaries: California Experience app as an all-in-one visitor’s guide to these amazing places, providing a wealth of information about the sights, sounds, history and natural wonders in and around California’s four national marine sanctuaries: Monterey Bay, Gulf of the Farallones, Channel Islands, and Cordell Bank.
The app covers more than 8,600 square miles of federally protected ocean and coastal waters stretching from Santa Barbara to San Francisco, and from Big Sur to the Farallon Islands. Zoomable layers make it easy to explore maps of the sanctuaries, complete with site boundaries, seafloor topography, visitor centers, historic shipwrecks, and much more. The app also features a searchable encyclopedia, glossary and photo gallery featuring more than 300 high-quality images of sanctuary marine life and habitats.
- Map content for Channel Islands, Cordell Bank, Gulf of the Farallones, and the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuaries
- Points of interest for more than 600 locations in and around the four California sanctuaries
- 300+ gallery photos
- 400+ search-able encyclopedia terms
- Visiting tips
- Local area forecasts
- Local action items to help support the Sanctuaries
- GPS Tracking of your location even without Wi-Fi or cell reception
- Map Tools including distance, area, bearing, and compass
- Customized pins to record photos, comments, & locations
- Share your custom pins with others who have the application
- Detailed national marine sanctuary encyclopedia
- Detailed search capabilities by nearby locations or by type
- Identify the Latitude/Longitude or UTM Coordinate for any place on the map
- All primary content will be included in the download ensuring that the App will be functional even when a Wi-Fi signal is unavailable.
- iPhone (3GS or later)/iPad compatible
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later